Attend the Sixth Annual DC Housing Expo on Saturday, June 21, 2014 from 10-3pm at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, The free event is sponsored by the DC Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD), in partnership with the Greater Washington Urban League.
We will bring together all of the District’s housing resources, particularly those related to renters rights, housing counseling, homeownership, home improvement,
home energy efficiency, foreclosure and financial literacy. This year, we are excited to announce an addition to the Expo, the “Expo Home Show”.
Residents will find innovative products, sustainable interior design options, and remodeling ideas, along with the opportunity to interface with home improvement specialists,
urban gardening advisors, and many other sustainable living resources, all under “one roof”. Attendees will also have access to free credit reports and
one-on-one foreclosure and credit counseling. Local lenders, realtors, housing developers and local/Federal government agencies will be on hand to provide valuable information and resources.
Call DHCD at (202) 442-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional information.
DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Media Contact: John Stokes (202) 288-7275, email@example.com
WASHINGTON, DC – Due to the anticipated heat advisory this week, the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) will open all spray parks one week early, starting today.
All spray parks will operate during their normal hours of operation from 10 am to 7 pm.
Please see the list of the District’s spray parks below or click here, DPR spray parks, for a citywide location map.
- 14th & Girard – 14th and Girard Sts. NW
- 14th & Park Road – 14th Street and Park Rd. NW
- Columbia Heights – 1480 Girard St. NW (202) 671-0373
- Harrison – 1330 V St. NW (202) 673-7760
- Chevy Chase Rec. Ctr. – 5500 41st St. NW (202) 727-7714
- Friendship – 4500 Van Ness St. NW (202) 282-2198
- Macomb – 3409 Macomb St. NW (202) 282-2199
- Palisades – 5200 Sherier Pl. NW (202) 282-2186
- Fort Stevens – 1327 Van Buren St. NW (202) 541-3754
- Lafayette – 5900 33rd St. NW (202) 282-2206
- Petworth – 801 Taylor St. NW (202) 576-6850
- Riggs LaSalle – 501 Riggs Rd. NE (202) 576-5224
- Takoma – 300 Van Buren St. NW (202) 576-7068
- Joseph H. Cole – 1299 Neal St. NE (202) 442-9262
- Turkey Thicket – 1100 Michigan Ave. NE (202) 576-9238
- Kennedy – 1401 7th St. NW (202) 671-4794
- Fort Davis – 1400 41st St., SE (202) 645-9212
- Hillcrest – 3100 Denver St. SE (202) 645-9200
- Fort Greble – Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. and Elmira St. SW (NEW)
The DC Department of Health is sponsoring a one day Rat Summit in each of the city’s eight wards. Business owners, residents, neighborhood associations and community leaders are all welcome to attend.
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Benning Stoddert Community Center
100 Stoddert Place SE
10:30 am until 1:00 pm
The Department of Health has received a number of complaints about the increased rat presence throughout the city. In an attempt to abate the rat population, the Department of Health will provide information and education to community groups, residents, and business owners. Topics include proper waste storage, rodent proofing, and their ability to assist with rodent abatement.
- Robert Corrigan, PhD author of Rodent Control, A Practical Guide for Pest Management Professionals. Mr. Corrigan has authored more than seventy technical publications on pest control, including the “Development of IPM Rodent Plan.”
- Dr. Joxel Garcia, Director, Department of Health
- Mr. William Howland, Director, the Department of Public Works
- Rabbiah A. Sabbakhan, Interim Director, Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
DOOR PRIZES & LIGHT REFRESHMENTS
Here is the agenda for tonight’s meeting:
7:00 PM Roll Call of ANC Commissioners
7:05 PM ANC Administrative business
– Approval of Past Minutes – May 8, 2014 Meeting
– Vote Neighborhood School Resolution of ANC 7C
7:20 PM – Executive Office of the Mayor Report (Ms. Sandra Lee)
7:25 PM – Ward 7 Council Member Report (Ms. Amin Muslin)
7:30 PM – DCFEMS Chief Ellerbe
8:15 PM – Council Member Tommy Wells
8:45 PM – Community Concerns & Announcements
9:00 PM – Adjournment