Here is tonight’s agenda for the DCA meeting (please share with others):
Deanwood Citizens Association
September 22, 2014
President’s Report Treasures Report, Secretary Report/Minute review
Mayor Office Update
Presentations & Q& A:
- PolinaBakhteiarov, Executive Director, Great Streets
- DHCD-Karanja Slaughter, PADD Solicitation
- Sandra Lee, DC Office of Aging
Old Business & Updates
The DC Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) will host a Public Hearing on the Final Draft copy Consolidated Plan Annual Action Plan for FY 15. The hearing will be held on Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 6:30 pm at DHCD’s headquarters, 1800 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE, Housing Resource Center.
The Annual Action Plan (AAP) is mandated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) office of Community Planning and Development (CPD) as part of the Consolidated Planning Process. The Action plan is used to preview the upcoming fiscal year use of federal funds and agency activities. The Action Plan covers proposed uses for the following federal entitlement programs:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME)
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
The hearing will help form a basis for developing the District’s draft “Fiscal Year 2015 Annual Action Plan” and the spending priorities utilizing federal entitlement funds. DHCD, the Department of Human Services and the Department of Health will each provide input into the plan.
District of Columbia residents who would like to present oral testimony are encouraged to register in advance either by e-mail at DHCD.EVENTS@dc.gov or by calling 202.442-7145.
Attend the Sixth Annual DC Housing Expo on Saturday, June 21, 2014 from 10-3pm at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, The free event is sponsored by the DC Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD), in partnership with the Greater Washington Urban League.
We will bring together all of the District’s housing resources, particularly those related to renters rights, housing counseling, homeownership, home improvement,
home energy efficiency, foreclosure and financial literacy. This year, we are excited to announce an addition to the Expo, the “Expo Home Show”.
Residents will find innovative products, sustainable interior design options, and remodeling ideas, along with the opportunity to interface with home improvement specialists,
urban gardening advisors, and many other sustainable living resources, all under “one roof”. Attendees will also have access to free credit reports and
one-on-one foreclosure and credit counseling. Local lenders, realtors, housing developers and local/Federal government agencies will be on hand to provide valuable information and resources.
Call DHCD at (202) 442-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional information.
Attention Tenants and Tenant Stakeholder Groups:
The Housing Regulation Administration (HRA) invites you to attend our quarterly Tenant Stakeholder meeting on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 from 12:00 -2:00 pm. The meeting will be held at the Department of Housing and Community Development, Housing Resource Center, 1800 Martin Luther King Jr., Avenue, SE, 1st Floor, Washington, D.C. The resource center is located on the corner of Good Hope Road, SE and Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, SE.
The purpose of the Tenant Stakeholder meeting is to bring tenants and tenant stakeholder groups together to learn more about HRA and to discuss methods to improve HRA’s ability to meet the needs of tenants in the District of Columbia.
During this information session we will focus our attention on divisions within HRA such as rental conversion and sale, rent control, inclusionary zoning and affordable dwelling units, and receive updates from the Housing Provider Ombudsman. HRA staff members will be present throughout the meeting to answer your questions. We will also provide a brief update on HRA activities over the past few months and on forthcoming efforts.
We would like to hear from you regarding HRA comments, issues and questions. If there is a topic that you would like to discuss at an upcoming stakeholder meeting, please let us know. We hope you will join us on September 10. If you are able to attend, please RSVP your attendance to Dawne Dorsey at (202) 442-4422 or email email@example.com.
The DC Department of Housing and Community Development is hosting its Fifth AnnualHousing Expo, at the Washington Convention Center on Saturday, June 1st, from 10 am to 3:00 pm.
- Over 75 housing related exhibitors providing housing information, including available financial assistance, new affordable housing developments, energy efficient products and incentive retrofit programs
- Workshops on Homeownership, Aging in Place resources, Mortgage Foreclosure prevention and process, Urban Gardening, and many others
- Free credit reports will be available along with housing counselors
- For high school and middle school students – “Financial Reality Fair and Virtual financial games”
- Hands-on “Do-It Yourself” workshops: Making minor home repairs, How to access available home rehab programs, Composting 101, and Lead Remediation for healthy homes
- Nutritional cooking demonstrations with Celebrity Chef Huda, a contestant on ABC’s “The Taste”
- Find an affordable rental unit or home to purchase
- Drawing for pre-approved applicants to purchase two completely renovated houses at 50% of market rate – must be present to win
- Even a session on “more Life-Less Clutter Strategies”
- Special DC Govt Employees: Access to Govt Resources & Financial Assistance (11:45-12:45)
- Door prizes, give-aways and much more!
Free and open to the public. Something for everyone: Renters, Homeowners, Landlords, Potential Homeowners!
For a complete list of workshops and to register online, go to www.dhcd.dc.gov,